Thursday, June 23, 2022

Sue Ct Doodling

 Sue CT Doodling

It has been a bit of a hard week this week, but I needed my Bee Crafty fix, so decided to try something I have never really done much of before. I watched Bev doing some doodling in a black journal a couple of weeks ago and thought now was a good time to have a go. It doesn’t need too many supplies, you can pick it up and put down quickly and you can get lost in the process of doodling. Just what I needed! I have done a couple of pages and have a few more prepped so I can grab and go whenever I feel the need.






 

Products I Have Used

Bee Crafty Inkables

Brick Wall 6x6

Oval Lace 6x6

Botanical Garden Big One

Bee Crafty Stamps

Handwritten Words 1

Ticker Tape 1

Black Dylusions Journal

White Posca Pen

Moonlight Gelly Roll Pens

Versafine Ink Pad

Ranger Fine Detail White Embossing Powder

Scraps of Black and White Card


I started by using the white Posca pen to draw the outlines of the flowers of the Botanical Garden Big One. I then followed this by using a green Gelly Roll pen to draw the leaves.


I then went to town doodling to fill in the spaces to emphasise the flowers and leaves. I didn’t choose specific patterns but made sure nothing was too similar in adjacent flowers or leaves. 

 This is a photo of a similar page done using the same Big One but a different green for the leaves. I finished it off by adding a white lined border around the edge.


 
For the second page, I followed the same procedure of drawing round the Oval Lace 6x6 Inkable to create the base shapes to doodle. The page was larger than the Inkable size, but this is an easy pattern to move down to complete the page.


I then went around the edge creating a border of dots around the individual shapes, followed by a series of zig zags using the gorgeous Moonlight Gelly Pens to fill in the shapes. The Gelly Pens are full of gorgeous fluorescent ink and create a lovely effect on the black cardstock in the journal. It really pops.


I then chose some suitable words from the Handwritten Words set 1 and stamped them onto black card using Versafine Ink and covered in Ranger Fine Detail White Embossing Powder. Once heat set, I matted it onto a white scrap of card to make it show up on the page.


For my final page I used the Hole in The Wall 6x6 Inkable as initially I intended to add the words to the hole when finished. I only drew through selected bricks in the Inkable to create the uneven edges on the page but added more as I changed my mind about where to put the words! That is the advantage of using Inkables, you can add extra shapes as you go along.

 


I then doodled away and again stamped and added an embossed sentiment once I had completed the doodles.




Here are the other pages that I have already prepped but not doodled yet. All I need to do is grab my white pen or Moonlights and I am ready to go. I used Abstract Circles and Daisy Chain Big Ones and Scales 6x6 (I reversed it to look more like shells though).

Many thanks for reading this weeks post. I hope you have a chance to play in your journals at some point this week.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...