Thursday, June 16, 2022

Sue CT - Butterfly Card

 Sue CT Butterfly Card

Hi everyone, a simple but effective card from me this week. I decided that I wanted to make a card without using black ink but did allow myself to use a grey instead.


 

Products I Have Used

Bee Crafty Stamps

Coffee Stains

Doodle Art Butterfly XL

Everyday Sentiments 1

Texture Discs Set 1

Distress Oxide Ink Pads

Ripe Persimmon

Saltwater Taffy

Squeezed Lemonade

Watering Can Archival Ink

Ecoline Pens Shades 205 236 and 361

7x5 card blank

Black Card

White Card


First of all, I smooshed Squeezed Lemonade ink onto a skinny slim block and spritzed it with water before pressing it onto my card. I dried it thoroughly and then repeated with the Saltwater Taffy and Ripe Persimmon Inks to create the background.

I used various stamps from the Coffee Stain stamp set to create another layer on the background.

 

Using the circle disc from Texture Disc set 1 and Ripe Persimmon Ink I added more detail to the insides of the various circles.


I stamped the Butterfly from the XL Doodle Art Butterfly onto a spare bit of card and coloured it using the three shades of Ecoline pens which were the closest match to the Oxide Inks. Once I had coloured the image, I cut it out, but you may notice that I didn’t go around the antennae. It is too fiddly to cut them out, but not a problem as you will see in the next photo.


I stamped the butterfly onto the front of the card, making sure I had a clear image of the antennae.


 Next, I stamped my chosen sentiment onto a scrap of white card and then backed it with black card, along with the main image which I trimmed to fit my 7x5 inch card base.


 I finally assembled the card placing the coloured butterfly immediately over the stamped one on the card base, which means the antennae are back again and in the right place!

 

Many thanks for looking at the blog today. I hope you get a chance to enjoy the heat we are meant to be getting over the next few days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...