Sunday, October 12, 2014

Stamping with bleach

It's Clare here and I'm here today for my Bee Crafty spot and I have had a go at stamping with bleach. It's a technique I've never tried before but it is one that I am certainly going to do again.

 

For this card I used:

Beautanicals dandelion stamp

Da Vinci script stamp

Wordage live with no excuses stamp large

Liquid pearls

Distress inks

Clear embossing powder

Household thick bleach

 

 

To make this card I masked off part of the card to leave a white area and blended on my distress inks dried marigold, wild honey and barn door. With the da Vinci script stamp I rolled a wad of kitchen roll and put it into an old plastic tub and poured on my bleach. I dabbed the stamp onto the wad and stamped over the blended ink with the mask still in place. I waited for the bleach to react and then stamped on my dandelion in black and again stamped the floating seeds, masking off the main dandelion so that I didn't get a second image. I stamped the sentiment and then added my liquid pearls.

 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to hear your comments and thoughts.

 

Happy crafting,

 

Clare x x x x

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...