Hi There! I've been enjoying playing with the fabulous Nutcracker stamps from Bee Crafty this week. Here is how I made my card
Monday, December 06, 2021
Saturday, December 04, 2021
This week I have created a really quick and easy card using background stamps...
1) I cut a piece of watercolour card 4 1/2" square and spritzed it with water before adding Pretty Gets Gritty sprays (Coastal Waters, Emerald Haze, Vintage Violet, Blushed Dreams).
2) Using the Art Journal Elements 2 stamps with the distress archival inks I stamped the background.
3) I then stamped a sentiment from Handwritten Words 1 in black archival and layered the card onto black.
Here are the products used:
* PGG Amazing Sprays - https://www.beecrafty.net/pretty-gets-gritty.irc?pg=1
* Art Journal Elements 2 - https://www.beecrafty.net/art-stamps-journal-art-elements-2.ir
* Handwritten Words 1 - https://www.beecrafty.net/wordage-sets-handwritten-words-1.ir
* Archival Ink pads - https://www.beecrafty.net/archival-ink-hero-arts.irc
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
Wednesday, December 01, 2021
By DT Ann
Versafine Inks : Smokey Grey & Tulip Red
Distress Oxide Ink: Iced Spruce
Sakura Micron Pen (Green)
I started by stamping one of the sprigs in Distress Oxides Iced Spruce Ink, from the top corners of my page…
Then using a slightly damp brush pulled some of the colour into the leaves….
Using Versafine Smokey Grey ink I added 3 vines (the lights from the Yuletide set) coming down from the sprigs…
Then used the lights (vine) across the bottom of the page…
Some baubles, a mug & a bow, all from the Yuletide set…
I added numbers from the Days & Dates stamp set again in the Smokey Grey & the word ‘December’ in Tulip Red …
I used Ecoline Brush Pens 640, 661, 318, 337, 422 to colour in each element & a Silver Gelly Roll pen…
I finished with some red Stickles & white Enamel dots …
Monday, November 29, 2021
Sometimes we want to give a small gift to someone either as a thank you or for a special occasion. Sometimes this might be a little something to accompany a gift card or some cash. My friend Valerie came up with this lovely idea which I have adapted slightly, and it could be adapted for a gift card too.
I began with an A4 sheet of 200gsm kraft card, which I measured and scored as follows:
I stamped this with snowflakes too, rounding the corners and adding a little brown ink along the edges.
I created a belly band for it's closure using a ribbon, measured to be the correct length (approximately 22cm allowing for overlap) and secured with Gel medium. To cover the join in the middle I added the smaller nutcracker which had been stamped and coloured whilst I was making samples.
For this one I used the strip of card from the end of the A4 sheet, painted with Polished Jade Dylusions shimmer paint for the belly band. The inks were Versafine Clair Warm Breeze and the Hero Arts unicorn white.
Saturday, November 27, 2021
This week I have made a fairly quick and easy card using up a background created by mopping up some ink!...
1) The background had been created by printing off the distress oxide spray from the snowflake inkable.
2) I stamped out the nutcracker and the baubles onto watercolour card using archival ink.
3) The images were cut out then coloured using ecoline markers.
4) I stamped the lights across the top of the card, lining them up to get a continuous string, then coloured them with the ecoline markers too.
5) The baubles and nutcracker were glued onto the card, then I used a fine liner pen to draw in the strings and a shadow under the nutcracker.
6) I stamped out the sentiments and edged the piece of card with black ink before attaching to the card.
7) Finally the card was matted onto black card then a 7" x 5" card blank.
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
By DT Ann
Hope you all enjoyed the shows on tv last Friday, sadly we didn’t get the stamps in time to make samples but here’s my mdf ones…
This one I painted in a turquoise & vanilla on the bottom piece & similar on the top. I then added embossing powders in turquoise, gold & white to the top piece…
Thank you for stopping by… Ann xxx
Monday, November 22, 2021
Hi There! I have been enjoying getting inky and combining some different colours into a simple card where the sentiment is the focus. Here is how I made it.