Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Sally CT - Inky Layers

 


Hi There! Thought I would show you how I created this card today.

I began by blending Mermaid lagoon, Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry distress oxide inks across some mixed media card. It doesn't need to be perfect, and the colours should overlap to get the green and orange tones. 
Next I sprayed a dinkable from set 11 with water and pressed it onto the inked card. I left it in place for a few seconds and rubbed over it with a dry cloth. When I lifted it off, I waited a few seconds then blotted it to lift the colour from the wet areas. 
Once this was dry, I used Doodle Art Mandalas and 3 shades of Versafine Clair ink to stamp over the inky background. I also sponged a little black ink around the edges. 
Next I added a line of faux stitching in white gel pen around the edge of the panel. 
On a scrap of mixed media card I stamped the rainbow bird in black versafine clair ink, painting it with Dina Wakley gloss drops. I set this aside to dry. 
I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink onto black card and embossed in white, cutting it out and matting and layering on a white piece of card. 
Finally, I added the background to a 5x5 white card, layering with some black paper, before adding the bird and the sentiment using foam pads. 
I used:
5x5 white card base
4.5" square of mixed media card
Distress oxide inks in Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon and Picked Raspberry 
Versafine Clair ink in Warm Breeze, Charming Pink and Nocturne
White gel pen
Dina Wakley Gloss drops in Bodacious, Gnarly, Legit and Radical
Versamark ink

Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...