Sunday, April 28, 2024

Alison CT - Do Something Today

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing how I created this butterfly card.

To begin I cut a piece of watercolour card so that it would make a topper for a 5 x 7 inch card.
I blended Rusty Hinge and Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink over the card. I then spritzed this with water and shook some water off my fingervtips to create larger drops. I patted this dry with kitchen towel, then left it to dry.
Whilst it was drying, I stamped the largest butterfly. I coloured it with Rusty Hinge, Peacock Feathers and Spiced Marmalade distress oxide. Next I cut it out using the corresponding die.

To add to the background, I used the Honeycomb D'inkable with Peacock Feathers distress oxide over the corresponding area.

Next I used the Metalwork Alpha D'inkable with rusty hinge distress oxide over the rusty hinge areas of the background. 

Then I stamped the large and small double coffee stain stamps with versafine clair nocturne ink. 
Next I stamped the numbers from the coffee stains stamp set, using the nocturne ink. 

Then I added some crosses using the d'inkable from set 12 and black soot distress oxide. 

I glued the background to a 5 x 7 card blank and added the butterfly using distress collage medium.
Finally I stamped, cut out and added a sentiment to the card. 

Products used:
Distress Oxides - rusty hinge, black soot, peacock feathers, spiced marmalade 
D'inkables - sets 1, 5, 12
Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...