Happy Friday so its my turn to post for Bee Crafty
I ordered some new Stamps & Inkables Templates in the last 2 weeks and couldnt wait to get inky - I love the FASHIONette's so much and I've been eager to try out the templates with my Distress Inks
I stamped 'Peggy' onto watercolour cardstock (which I had trimmed to fit an 8x8 cardblank with a few mm border) using Archival Ink because I wated to use lots of water and didnt want the image to bleed. I then stamped again onto eclipse masking tape and cut her out to make a mask which I fixed over her on the watercolour cardstock.
The background I created by blending 'Antique Linen' & 'Tattered Rose' distress inks using a round blending tool. I then placed the 'Circles' inkables template over the corners and sprayed through with water, then used a 'microfibre cloth' to remove the excess water and lift the colour away from the wet areas too. this showed up quite faint though as the colours I used were a bit pale.
Next I used the 'Metalwork Alpha' inkables template around the edges using 'Victorian Velvet' distress ink. I inked the edges using 'Pumice Stone' distress ink. I sprinkled over some rock salt and sprayed with water, waited for the salt to react a bit then dried the card using a heat gun on a low setting. I brushed the salt off to reveal the speckles where it had reacted with the ink.
Next I stamped the 'Maple Outline' stamps slightly off the page and painted over them using 'Pumice Stone' distress ink. I also randomly stamped the 'Large Branch' BEAUtanicals stamp accross the top of the card and 'Dandies' Backdrop Border stamp along the bottom of the card using 'Frayed Burlap' distress ink.
I also randomly stamped the 'Cow Parsley' & 'Branches' BEAUtanicals stamps randomly using 'Tattered Rose' & 'Victorian Velvet' around the edge of the card.
I reused the 'Circles' inkables template around the corners again dry template this time using 'Antique Linen' distress ink and the round blending tool, this showed up a lot better with the paler colours.
I then removed the mask from 'Peggy' which revealed that no ink had slipped through and she was perfectly blank for me to add colour to. I used Distress Inks as watercolours using a blending mat and a waterbrush. The colours I used were all the same ones from the background.
I matted the finished picture onto dark brown mirror board and attached to my 8x8 cardbalnk using foam tape.
Lastly I stamped the 'Decision to Try' WORDage stamp onto an offcut of watercolour card using the 'Pumpice Stone' ink, I then trimmed the words out and matted them onto dark brown mirror board, I then fixed them to the finished card using foam tape for dimension.
Thank you for visiting today, dont forget to check back soon for more gorgeous makes by the Brilliant Design Team and stop by the 'Bee Crafty Facebook Group' to join in the fun
Krafty Hugs xx