Sunday, June 09, 2024

Alison CT - Leaves and Birds

Hi everyone, I've still not put the new stamps away. Today I have a step by step guide to creating this journal page.

To begin I painted a mix of squares and rectangles of colour onto a page using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Pearl Colour watercolour paints. I left this to dry naturally.

Next I stamped the script background stamp, using versafine clair morning mist ink, along the bottom of the page. 
Next I used prize ribbon and lumberjack plaid distress oxide with part of the ripped hole dinkable from set 14 to give the background some texture. 

Then I used the zig zag stamp from Journaling Essentials 7 with versafine clair nocturne to edge some of the squares of paint.

Next I took the rainbow from Journaling Essentials 1 and used versafine clair strawberry to stamp it three times on the page. I heat set the ink to ensure everything was thoroughly dry before doing the next step.

I used a wow embossing ink pad to stamp the rounded leaf from Journaling Essentials 7 twice on the page. I added white embossing powder and heat set it. I wasn't worried that I had missed a bit of both of the leaves as I could cover it with an image. 

On seperate card I stamped the two largest birds from Journaling Essentials 6. For one I used versafine clair chianti and the other versafine clair very peri. I cut them out.

Next I glued them to the page to make it look like they are perched on the branch. This allowed me to hide the missing embossing on the leaves.

Finally I chose a sentiment from the new transparencies, cut it out and used collage medium to glue it to the page.
Products used:
Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour shimmer paints
Paintbrush
Versafine Clair ink  - strawberry,  chianti, very peri, morning mist,  nocturne 
Transparency Prints  - Creative Words black on clear
Distress Oxide ink pads - lumberjack plaid, prize ribbon 
Wow embossing ink pad

Thanks for taking a look. 
Alison 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...