Monday, May 19, 2014

We are off to see the Wizard !

Good Morning Everyone, 

Kelly here again today, these Mondays do come around so quick. 

Today's card is a little different for me, I don't normally like steam punk or anything to do with it, and this card some probably wouldn't class it as steampunk, but for me it is as close as it is going to get. 

Firstly I used Wizard of Oz Tinman, I stamped him in a well used black momento ink pad, so that it wasn't grey but wasn't tuxedo black either. I think he come out pretty well. Originally I was going to colour him in using greys and shading, but when he stamped out, the detail that was on him, I decided to show it all off and leave him "plain" I stamped him on 300gsm stamping card, matted it to silver mirror card and then to a thin layer of black card. I added faux stitching with a 0.1 fine liner black pen.

 To create my card I used a black A4 card stock folded in half, and added a backing paper of grey cogs. I used my Cameo machine to cut the cogs out, and then coloured them in using Warm Greys from my promarker collection. I then ran it through my embossing folder.  I certainly think you could get the same result with any cog die, or stamp.




I finished it with adding a sentiment from the Wordage collection, and matted this onto black card and again faux stitched around the edge.


Thank you for taking the time to have a read, I hope you have enjoyed. Don't forget to pop back each day to see more creations from each member of the design team. Up tomorrow is Sue. 



See you next Monday
Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

Items I used

1 comment:

Julie-Ann said...

Love him love him love him...
Steampunk or not it's a great card...Xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...