Friday, May 06, 2016

Emily DT - Make A Wish

Hi everyone, yet another week has flown by and it's my turn for some DT inspiration once again.

More often than not, when I sit down to make a card, I have an idea of what I want the finished project to look like. However, this week I literally had no idea!

I sat at my craft table with a square of white card and my distress inks and got stuck in. Here is the result...


I started off by choosing a couple of Distress Ink colours. I blended Twisted Citron, then Mermaid Lagoon round the edge of the card, using my round blending tool.

The colours were spring-like and soft, so seemed to lend themselves to some foliage. I chose an old favourite, the small Dandelion. Instead of using the whole stamp I inked up just the 'flying away bits' using Twisted Citron Distress Ink again. I stamped all the way round the border using this technique.


I chose the Make A Wish sentiment to complement the Dandelion border and then used the Dandelion Clocks in the centre. Both of these were stamped in the same colours as the border.


I finished it by mounting it onto white and blue card. It didn't take very long to make and I'm happy with the result. I think it looks very fresh and Spring-like.

I can sometimes feel quite daunted when I'm sat in front of a piece of white card, but this time it was quite refreshing to just grab whatever, and see how it turned out!

I hope you like it and see you next week.

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...