A lot of the time when I make cards I have a clear idea of what I imagine the finished item to look like, however in this case I didn't. I started by choosing random stamps and colours of ink. Sometimes when I do this it ends up in the bin, but I was happy with what I finished up with this time.
Here is the card I have made...
I started with the distress diamond background stamp, and created a background using Spun Sugar and Crushed Olive distress inks.
I punched a white circle of card and chose a sentiment which fit it. I ended up with the small 'Glad I Did It' sentiment.
I then stamped some butterflies onto white card and partially coloured them with a distress ink pen.
I stuck the circle on using foam pads and then added the butterflies. Whenever I use these butterflies I always stamp the butterfly onto the background first, then cut out the wings of the coloured one and stick it over the top. This way you do not have to worry about cutting out the butterfly's body and antennae. I then bend the wings up to add dimension to the card.
I mounted it onto black card and then onto a card blank.
I am pleased with how this card turned out and used a colour combination I do not often use.
I hope you like it too!