Monday, October 11, 2021

Sally DT - Bee Journal Spread

 Hi There! I have been a busy bee in my journal again! Thought you might like to see how I made this double page spread. 

I began with a page that I had mopped up a stencil or two with in shades of yellow. I smooshed some Wild Honey distress oxide onto a piece of acetate and added more colour to the page before drying it. 
once it was dry I took the smaller hexagon from the Easy Frames and used it to create a large honeycomb pattern across the page using vintage photo and spiced marmalade. 
I sponged vintage photo oxide ink around the edges of the pages, then added more hexagons using the Honeycomb Multi inkable and a mixture of vintage photo and spiced marmalade in the spaces before setting this aside. 
Next I stamped the collage section of the scripted bee stamp in brown versafine clair on some copy paper.
I cut out some of the circles and hexagons and coloured them with Wild Honey distress ink.
I stuck these randomly around the page, using a few to cover where another colour had seeped through the centre of the page.
I stamped some of the smaller bees, the word and honeycomb from the Bee Monarchy set in Wild Honey and Vintage photo Distress ink.
Next I stamped the largest Bee and the Time Sentiment on to plain Dina Wakely collage paper using versafine clair black ink.
I coloured the bee using ecoline pens and trimmed it adding some white pen to the back of the wings and tail. 
I stuck the bee and the sentiment in place with matte medium and added a few white highlights around the page with a gelly roll pen.
Here is another look at the finished page.
I used:
copier paper
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting! 

1 comment:

Dora said...

Beautiful. Love the big bee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...