Sunday, November 12, 2023

Alison CT - Steampunk Baubles

Hello everyone, today I'm sharing what I have done to colour three of Bee Crafty's steampunk baubles.

I decided I would colour them using acrylic pens, such as poscas, as these cover the brown colour of mdf quite quickly.
I coloured the hat of the snowman with my black posca and some of the cogs and the out line with a white posca. I left this to dry and then added a second coat. This was left to completely dry.

Next I coloured the remaining cogs with my silver posca pen. I did a second coat after the first coat dried.

Then I repeated the process again to colour the other side of the snowman.


When both sides were completely dry I coated one side with embossing ink and then sprinkled with Ranger Frosted Crystal embossing powder and heat set. I did a second coat, then repeated the process for the other side.
I followed the same steps to colour the Christmas Tree, but coloured with red, gold and green posca pens and the star, which I coloured with yellow and gold posca pens.
Products used:
Bee Crafty Mdf - Steampunk baubles 
Acrylic paint pens
Embossing ink pad
Ranger Embossing Powder - Frosted Crystal

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...