Sunday, November 19, 2023

Alison CT - Three Butterflies

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing an art journal page created using my favourite butterfly stamp from Bee Crafty.
To begin I created a background by blending mustard seed, stormy sky and tumbled glass distress oxides across a page in my art journal.

Next I used the honeycomb dinkable, from set 1, with stormy sky distress oxide. I also drew through it with a black micron pen.

Then I used the dots and lines texture disc, from set 4, with salvaged petina distress oxide to add more to the background.

Next I used the cross dinkable, from set 12 to add texture paste to the page.
Then I used a selection of stamps from the stitched borders and coffee stains stamp sets, with versafine clair nocturne ink, to create a central panel.

Next I stamped the script stamp, using versafine clair nocturne, over my stamped panel. I did not worry if it did not stamp fully or clearly.

Then I added two of the largest butterfly, from the birds and butterflies regular stamp set, and stamped one at the top left and one at the bottom left, overlapping them with my stamped panel using versafine clair nocturne.

On seperate card, I stamped another of the same butterfly using the same black ink. I coloured it with salvaged petina and mustard seed distress oxides by smooshing a little of each ink on my blending mat and picking up with a wet paintbrush. When this was dry I cut it out and glued it to the centre of the stamped panel.
Finally I added a sentiment from the moon and stars sentiment stamp set.

Products used:
Distress oxides - mustard seed, tumbled glass, stormy sky, salvaged patina
Dinkables - sets 1 and 12
Art stamps - script background, coffee stains, stitched borders
Art stamps - birds and butterflies
Wordage stamps - moon and stars sentiments
Micron pen - black

Thanks for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...