Hello , I have been enjoying playing in my art journal this week , with the new autumn stamps and catalyst papers . For my step by step I really wanted to match the bright colours in the Autumn Art journal catalyst collage papers.
Firstly I decided on my A5 art journal and one of the A5 Autumn Art journal papers , which I cut to fit my journal leaving a small border of my page .
I then added some stencilling with two Dinkables from set 15 and taking my inspiration from the colours in the paper .I used distress oxide picked raspberry and distress ink uncharted mariner .
Another layer of dimension was then added with some texture past and a Dinkable from set 7 .
While my background was drying I stamped out an coloured an assortment of images from the Autumn & Acorns and Autumn Floral stamp sets .These were coloured with a combination of distress inks and Ecoline water colour pens with white gel pen highlights and details .
Going back to my journal page I added some stamping with the leaves from the Autumn & Acorns set introducing some of the colours I had used for my stamped images. This would help draw my page together when completed . I used distress inks mowed lawn and villainous potion
Here’s my completed page with a white stitched border and sentiment from the Wordy stickers Autumn B I’m really pleased with this page and how the bright colours have worked together and as much as I love bright colours , I probably wouldn’t have use them in this way . So thanks to Bev for the inspiration and these beautiful papers
Happy crafting
Calee
Products I used were :
A5 art journal , texture paste , Ecoline watercolour pens and a white gel pen







No comments:
Post a Comment