Monday, October 04, 2010

Christmas Frame with Victorian Paper Strips

Happy Monday Everyone,
Like I said on our Product Focus on Friday, October will be focusing on the Woodware Fingerguard Trimmer, so I wanted this Mondays project to be something different, so I picked up this mirror and started painting

I then base coated with a white paint laying it on quite thick letting it dry a little and then dabbing with kitchen paper to get a dimply effect.

I then mixed a brown and green paint to get a nice rich colour and stippled it on/

I cut strips of card out of Pearlescent Moulin Rouge, Satin Mirri Gold, and Green Glitter Card, using the Victorian blade that comes free with the A4 fingerguard.
I edged the green glitter card with a gold gel pen and used it again to create a stitching effect on the moulin rouge pearl.

I also used the gold gel pen to bring out the vein detail on these fabulous poinsettias (I am so sorry I've been off poorly today and didn't have chance to add them to the web I will hyperlink tomorrow)


I completed it with the Gold bling on Mulberry Holly Leaves 99p (12) and some Satin Mirri Gold Flourishes to finish.

I hope you like the finished result, it is in the shop if you want to come in and take a look, I will try and come up with something funky and fabby later in the week. I hope you have all had a good start to October
Bev x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...