Monday, June 19, 2017

Lorre-Anne DT - Lustre Luxe Tags

Hi bloggers, for this weeks Bee Crafty DT blog post for Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty I wanted to share a couple of MDF samples I made for Bev's recent shows on Hochanda (Monday 5th June).  Now this was a first for me as I've never used MDF before, plus I got to play with the fabulous new Lustre Luxe too!  You definitely need Lustre Luxe in your life, this is a metallic paint which is so creamy and shiny - and it gives amazing coverage!  I've used it on card, MDF and various types of ribbon.

Materials needed -



I used blending foam to apply Moonstone Lustre Luxe over the MDF tag.  On spare white card I stamped the large bird, 2 small butterflies and a sentiment using Versafine ink.  I took a little Sea Green Lustre Luxe and mixed it with some water, and used this to colour the birds and butterflies, and I added them to the tag with foam pads.  I also used the Lustre Luxe/water mix to splatter some green over the MDF tag.  I die cut the sentiment, then used blending foam to apply some Sea Green Lustre Luxe.  The Lustre Luxe was also really easy to apply to the lace, and I then tied it through the hole on the tag. 


For this tag I again used blending foam to apply Moonstone Lustre Luxe, and when dry (which doesn't take long at all!) I used Versafine ink to stamp the script all over, and to also stamp 2 large butterflies and a sentiment on to spare white card.  I blended Sea Green and Golden Gate Lustre Luxe over the sentiment then cut out, and attached to the tag using foam pads.  I mixed the Lustre Luxe with a little water and used it to add some colour to the butterflies, cut them out, and glued to the MDF tag.  To finish off I added some colour to some white organza ribbon using the Lustre Luxe, and tied this through the hole at the top.

So that's my first ever MDF creations complete, and I can't wait to get another play with some more, plus I'll shortly be putting in an order for some more Lustre Luxe as I NEED the purple and blue now!

Until next week, happy crafting everyone.
Hugs,
Lorre-Anne x

1 comment:

Tina Chianna said...

omg i soooooo love these, so inspiring and I hope they show them on Hoshanda (whoopsie, my bad).... we are all team Bev and bee's. fabulous work xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...