Monday, July 31, 2017

Lorre-Anne DT - Samples for Sam's Hochanda shows

Hi everyone, for my Bee Crafty blog post this week over at Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty I'm sharing the samples I made for Sam's recent shows on Hochanda.  

What you need -



I cut an 8" x 8" card blank down to 6" x 6.5".  I cut black card slightly smaller than the card blank, and white card slightly smaller again.  I applied some Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers & Chipped Sapphire directly to my acrylic block, spritzed some water over this and pressed this on to the centre of the white card, leaving in place for around 5 minutes to let the colour deepen.  I removed the block, and dried with my heat tool, before stamping the pocket watch using Versafine ink.  I matted this on to the black card and glued both to the card blank.  I stamped the sentiment using Versafine ink on white card, and cut down in to 2 parts, attaching these to the card using foam pads. 


I cut some white card slightly smaller than an 8" x 8" card blank.  I took my Distress Oxides (Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo) and applied them directly on to my blending mat, spritzed with water, then dragged the square of white card through.  I heat set each layer, then repeated, occasionally flicking water droplets to enhance the oxidized effect.  I have stamped the pocket watch randomly over the card in both Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber, then glued this directly to the card blank.  I stamped the sentiment using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide, and again cut the stamped image into 2 parts, then used foam pads to attach to the card.  


This is a 6" x 6" card blank.  I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card blank, and another piece of white card slightly smaller again.  I took the larger piece of card and blended some Hickory Smoke Distress ink around the edges and glued this to the card blank.  On the smaller square of card I masked off a panel, blended some Hickory Smoke down it, and flicked some water droplets before drying with my heat tool.  I stamped various cogs etc using Hickory Smoke, and also the sentiment.  I glued this to the card blank, added the sentiment using foam pads, and finished by adding a few gems and some Stickles.


The effect achieved using Star Dust Stickles.



A 7" x 5" white card blank.  I started by cutting black card slightly smaller than the card blank, and white card slightly smaller than this.  On the white card I stamped the pocket watch using Versafine ink, masked it off then used Fired Brick Distress Oxide to stamps cogs at either side of it.  I then stamped only the word 'Time' off the sentiment at the top and bottom of the card again using Fired Brick.  I matted this layer on to the black using glue, then attached both to the card blank using foam pads. 


This is a 8" x 8" white card and I cut black card approximately 7.5" x 7.5", and white card slightly smaller than this.  On the white card I stamped the pocket watches using Versafine ink - starting with the one on the left then masking it off before stamping the next, and repeating this until the 3 were stamped.  I then cut a strip of white card the same length as the white square but about 1" wide, and using Versafine ink stamped only the words 'Time Flies' from the sentiment.  I matted this on to a strip of black card slightly larger then attached to the card using foam pads.  I finished off by stamping various cogs etc using Versafine ink, cut them out, and used gold gilding wax to add some shine around the edges before gluing to the sentiment banner.


Showing the effect the gilding wax gives.

That's it for this week, be back next week to share some another DT project with you all.

Happy Crafting!
Hugs, Lorre-Anne x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...