Saturday, February 02, 2019

Jane DT - Circles Art Journal Spread

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog I am sharing an art journal spread...


This was a spread that evolved over the course of a number of days and was not planned! 
It is in one of my journals that has a variety of materials to work on, so the left hand page is kraft card and the right hand page is cotton rag watercolour paper, this means that you get a different look using the same products which I love.

I started by using acrylic paint and a brayer to add colour to the pages then I filled in the gaps using watercolour pigment sticks. 
This really was a spread that began just through an urge to create some colours and shapes, and my favourite shape to use within crafting is the circle so I started by using my circle d'inkable with white gesso to create shapes down either side, then coloured them using the pigment sticks. 
I then added more gesso for highlights and had a lovely time using white, black and gold pens for doodling...


At this point I loved the circles so much that I left the spread alone for a couple of days as I was really worried that anything else I did might ruin it!! 
Eventually I plucked up the courage to add another layer and decided to keep with the circle theme adding some of the same initial colour paints through the regular dots stencil. 
Once again I added doodling once the paint was dry.

I was then on a roll so grabbed the circle lattice d'inkable and rubbed white gesso through it in places.  When the stencil was lifted it made a different sort of effect where part of the gesso had crept under and as I lifted it made another imprint. 
Again I added more doodling...


After another day or so I felt like the next layer should be some stamping so used one of the texture border stamps with versamark and gold embossing powder. 
I then felt ready for the main focal images and started by creating a piece of coloured card using my gelli plate with the original paints and the d'inkables. 
I then used the same elements from the background on the print and included doodling again so that all the pieces would tie together.

Next I stamped all three sizes of the Style Wire Circles onto the coloured card and cut them out...


Once I had decided where they were to go I stuck the circles into place and then used a fine liner pen and ruler to add some strings. 
The final stage was to stamp out the sentiment, which was then cut up and some distress ink added before sticking to the page and highlighting with black pen...


Here are the Bee Crafty products that I used:

* Circles D'inkable
* Regular Dots D'inkable
* Circle Lattice D'inkable
* Backdrop Borders - Texture Borders
* Backdrop Frames - Style Wire Circles (small and medium)
* Backdrop Frames - Style Wire Circles (large)
* Wordage - Life is a Canvas

I hope you enjoyed reading about my art journal spread and hopefully it may inspire you to have a go this week.  If you do make anything using Bee Crafty products we would love to see them in the Bee Crafty Stamps group on Facebook :)

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...