Saturday, December 28, 2019

Jane DT - 'Grungy Butterflies' Card

Hello!

As we head towards the new year I thought that I would take the opportunity to start creating a collection of cards for different occasions that would then be ready for when they are needed.  As birthdays seem to be the main kind of card required I decided to start there...


* First I chose a selection of different butterfly stamps (all of which are linked below) and stamped them onto a piece of watercolour card using versamark ink.  Then I heat embossed them using white powder.

* Next I used some watercolour paints to colour the card, adding extra colour inside the butterflies.

* To create extra interest in the background I used the Script, Texture Borders and Texture Circles stamp sets with distress inks (Picked Raspberry & Wild Honey) and then used Archival Watering Can for extra depth.  I also used the grey around the edges to frame the card...


* After that I stamped the Large Butterfly onto white vellum and embossed with white powder.  These were then cut out and layered up.  They now looked a bit too white against the grungier background so I added a touch of the grey archival to blend them more.

* Finally I added a sentiment and matted and layered the card up.


Here are the products I used:

* Art Stamps - Large Butterfly
* Art Stamps - Dragonfly and Butterfly Set
* Art Stamps - Birds and Butterflies Set 1
* Background, Textures & Borders - Script 
* Background, Textures & Borders - Texture Borders
* Background, Textures & Borders - Texture Circles
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 2 (regular)
* Distress Ink Pads
* White Embossing Powder

Hopefully this is the start of more cards for my collection!

Thank you for looking and happy crafting.

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...