As we head towards the new year I thought that I would take the opportunity to start creating a collection of cards for different occasions that would then be ready for when they are needed. As birthdays seem to be the main kind of card required I decided to start there...
* Next I used some watercolour paints to colour the card, adding extra colour inside the butterflies.
* To create extra interest in the background I used the Script, Texture Borders and Texture Circles stamp sets with distress inks (Picked Raspberry & Wild Honey) and then used Archival Watering Can for extra depth. I also used the grey around the edges to frame the card...
* After that I stamped the Large Butterfly onto white vellum and embossed with white powder. These were then cut out and layered up. They now looked a bit too white against the grungier background so I added a touch of the grey archival to blend them more.
* Finally I added a sentiment and matted and layered the card up.
Here are the products I used:
* Art Stamps - Large Butterfly
* Art Stamps - Dragonfly and Butterfly Set
* Art Stamps - Birds and Butterflies Set 1
* Background, Textures & Borders - Script
* Background, Textures & Borders - Texture Borders
* Background, Textures & Borders - Texture Circles
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 2 (regular)
* Distress Ink Pads
* White Embossing Powder
Hopefully this is the start of more cards for my collection!
Thank you for looking and happy crafting.