Saturday, January 04, 2020

Jane DT - 'Winter Blues' Journal Page

Hello and Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a Christmas and new year that was good to you and are all prepared for 2020.

To start the new year, over on the Bee Crafty Facebook group a new monthly challenge has started and for this first month I have created a mood board to hopefully inspire you to use some of your Bee Crafty products and enter some of your creations.  To find out more you can visit the group here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1511225329105390/?ref=bookmarks

Here is the project I made using inspiration from the mood board...



I have made a video showing how I created my page which you can watch here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw2T2p_1_fI

I wanted to incorporate all the different elements into my page but as I love snowflakes this was to be my main feature.
First to create my icy crackle I used crackle paint, paste and also a stamp...


The blues were applied using a variety of different mediums: chalk paint; pigment sticks; acrylic ink.

For background interest I used a snowflake inkable as well as the d'inkable with paint before adding extra elements with the doodle art snowflake set...


Next I used the 4" circle easy frame to add shapes using an inktense pencil then used the branch stamp with archival ink.

After applying some more acrylic ink the focal point was created using the main stamp from the snowflake set again along with a word stamp...


Here are the products that I used:

* Backdrop, textures and borders - Crackle Paint
* Yuletide - Doodle Art Snowflake Set 
* Wordage - Imagine
* Beautanicals - Large Branch and Tree set
* Inkable - Snowflake 2
* D'inkable - Snowflakes
* Easy Frames - 4" Circle
* Archival Distress Inkpads

Thank you for looking and I look forward to seeing some of your creations over in the group.

Happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...