Saturday, July 04, 2020

Jane DT - Be Beautiful Journal Spread

Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a journal spread with you...


I used my small flip journal from Dylusions but decided to put it into a portrait position.

* To make my first layer I created my own piece of collage tissue... 

1) I took a piece of ordinary white tissue paper (the sort that is used to wrap ornaments in gift shops!) and stamped onto it using archival ink pads.

2) I built up my layers of stamping starting with the Script XL, then Numbers, Heraldic Alpha and finally circles from the Texture and Film Strip set.

3) Once I was happy with the look I tore strips from the piece and attached it down the centre of my pages using distress collage medium...



* At this point the edges of the tissue were too straight and obvious to me so I added some stenciling using the Metal Alpha dinkable and burnt sienna acrylic paint.  

* Then I used what was left on the brush with a bit of water to colour onto the tissue and the edges to create a softer look...


* Next I wanted to add in some more stamped details to connect the tissue column to the rest of the page.  

* I used the Stitch Borders stamp set with coffee archival ink and added some of the stitching and the small circles...


* I wanted to echo the circles in my main focal points so used the circle stamps from the Journaling Blocks for this, cutting the smaller ones out whole and the centre from the larger circle to create a ring. 

* I coloured them using vintage photo distress ink and added some of the honeycomb from the Bee Monarchy set.  

* I then also stamped and cut out the medium sized bee...


* I added these to the spread using some dries clear glue...


* For the final touch I stamped one of the Small Words sentiments onto black card and embossed with white powder before adding it to the spread...



Here are the links to the products used:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...