Saturday, July 18, 2020

Jane DT - Bright Butterfly Canvas

Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a 12" x 12" canvas that I created to hang in my living room...


This project was a labour of love as I really wanted to create something that used as many of my stamp designs as possible and was really bright to contrast with our cream walls.

1) I started by brayering Calypso Teal Dylusions paint onto the canvas...


2) Next I brayered Lime Dylusions paint onto the bottom part of the canvas...


3) Using the large Fernando inkable with Polished Jade Dylusions paint, I stenciled on top of the green area...


4) After that I added stenciling using the Circles d'inkable and White Linen Dylusions paint...


5) Next came the part that took the longest but was really enjoyable to do.  I stamped a range of the different flowers, leaves and butterflies using Memento ink then coloured them using alcohol pens.  After that I coated them using glossy accents and left them all to dry thoroughly...


6) I then started arranging the flowers and leaves across the bottom part of the canvas until I was happy with the placement then stuck them down using glue gel...


7) At this point I decided that I wanted a bit more interest in the sky area so I used the Texture Circles with different shades of blue Archival inks...


8) Then I added the butterflies...


9) Finally I had to decide if I wanted to add any words (which of course I did!) and how I wanted them to look.  So I stamped the same word out in two different ways and then with my families help decided which way we wanted to use...


Here are a few close up pictures...




Links to the products used can be found below...


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...