Saturday, August 29, 2020

Jane DT - Distress Crayon Tags


Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty blog I have finished off some tags that I started in a Facebook live over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page this week...


I was using Distress Crayons on a variety of surfaces with different techniques but they all remained incomplete so I have finished off three of them.  If you would like to see the video of the live you can do that by clicking the link... https://www.facebook.com/BeeCraftyStamps/videos/318661192680476

This first tag was made with stamping card, washi tape and a tissue butterfly then sealed with collage medium.  Next I added distress crayons across the whole tag then wiped back the colour on the butterfly.  The tag was sealed with micro glaze then stamping was added using one of the texture borders.  

After the live I added extra colour to the butterfly using permanent markers, stenciled on the circles using more distress crayon then added extra around the edges.  Finally I added some text from the Small Words set.


The next tag was created by adding the distress crayons to a tag cut from canvas out of the Dina Wakley mixed media journal.  The crayons were scribbled on then water spritzed on top.  I added the Roman Numerals stamp using memento black ink.

Afterwards I did some more stamping using the Pocket Watch.  I added another tag underneath created with the burlap also from the journal then built up a sentiment from the Small Words set.  
The tags were joined together using a piece of twine and also some staples.


This third tag was made by creating the coloured background using the crayons then wiping some off with water through the dahlia stencil.  To create a border around the tag a black distress crayon was run around the edges then smudged in.

I felt that this tag just needed a bit of silhouette style stamping, so after the live added the teasels then  another sentiment from the Small Words, but this time on black with white embossing powder.



Here are the links to the products used:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...