Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Caz DT - Creativity journal page

   Todays project from me is a journal page.
Below is Step by step images to see how I layer up all the elements...


PRODUCTS USED:

Distress oxide feacock feathers
Black versafine ink
Black archival ink
Izink ice rose cerise
A4 mixed media journal
Water spritzer

HOW TO MAKE:

Apply both kitsch flamingo and peacock feathers to your page - I don't worry about seamlessly blending as I'll let the water do the work for me...



Mist with water - this will soften the lines and make it appear like more of a natural water colour background...



Once dry, apply Cotswold stone detailing with the peacock feathers oxide...



Then in the Kitsch flamingo oxide stamp out the time measure stamp. I went pretty central then stamped off the left over ink around the page...



Now add some honeycomb multi ink'able details using the same Kitsch flamingo ink. I work in patches of 3 or 5, I keep it odd numbers as it just seems to work better.. 




Next using the ledger and stitch borders stamps, add some more layers and interest to your page. I stamped with black archival ink...



Now for some raised texture - using the coffee stain script ink'able, put texture paste through the script part - again I did 3 sections (odd number) Let it dry...



With a palette knife and a bit of bravery (lol) smear on a blob of izink ice rose cerise - just organically drag the product down the centre of your page - just go for it, it will be fine.. 



Stamp and die cut elements from the birds and butterflies & Bee monarchy sets. Also I used the circle parts from the ledger measure stamp plus the tape measure from stitch borders...



Arrange these elements on your page over top of the izink ice - glue down & add some colour by watercolouring with the same oxides - I just added colour to the wings and circles. I like the tape measure in monochrome. 

That's it...
Page complete!

Hope you like
❤️
Thanks for looking








1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Super pages. Really helpful instructions on building up a page, I’m a complete beginner and finding it hard to get going in my newly bought journal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...