Friday, May 21, 2021

Cottage by the Sea... by DT Ann

Cottage by the sea... 

by DT Ann




 For some reason the Bird House stamp always reminds me of a little cottage by the sea... maybe I’m just longing for a walk along the seashore, who knows! 


I used: 

Stamps: Doodle Art The Bird House

Lighthouse Reg 

Typewriter Alpha

Dies: Lighthouse reg

Bird House reg 

Tags #1

Inkables: Big One Clouds

Distress Oxides: Pink Flamingo/ Weathered Wood/ Hickory Smoke/ Faded Jeans/ Picked Raspberry/Black Soot 

Versafine Clair - Nocturne & Morning Mist

Gesso (white)

Distress Crackle Paint

Glossy Accents 


https://www.beecrafty.net/


To start... 

Distress a piece of cardboard packaging by dampening the edges & tearing back the top layer, then gesso. When dry, die cut a tag out of the packaging... 


Using Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke & Faded Jeans add some colour to the tag. Spritz some water into your hand & sprinkle onto the tag, leave it to dry... 


Meanwhile stamp the Birdhouse in Versafine Clair Nocturne & die cut. Make sure the ink is dry & colour with Distress Oxides ( I used Pink Flamingo, Faded Jeans & Weathered Wood). I also cut off the chimney & the doo-dah, thing-ma-jig off the top... 

I added some Crackle Paint onto the pink areas & Glossy Accents onto the windows then left to dry... 


When the tag was dry I added some clouds through the Cloud Inkable, using Faded Jeans Oxide ink... 


From the regular Lighthouse stamp set, I stamped & die cut 3 ‘gulls’ ... 


Using the Typewriter Alpha I stamped the word home & cut out each letter & added some leftover ink to each piece.. 


When the Birdhouse was dry I added some Picked Raspberry with a paintbrush to emphasise the crackles, dried & added white pen hi-lights... 



When I was placing all the elements onto the tag I felt the house needed to be grounded, I added some Black Soot Oxide through the Cloud Inkable so it looked a bit like hills... 



Glue all your elements onto your tag & add some twine.. 


Thanks for stopping by... Ann xxx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...