Monday, August 30, 2021

Sally DT - Oak Leaf window card

Hi there! There has been a bit of an Autumnal feel in the air for a couple of days, so I thought I would share how I made this card with you today. 

I began by attaching the oak leaf inkable to a square of a 6 x 6" kraft card and sponged unicorn white ink through the aperture. 
 
Once this was dry I used blending brushes to make a sun in mustard seed Distress oxide inks then added spiced marmalade, crackling campfire and walnut stain around the yellow with the darkest colour at the edges.

next I used a white pen to go around the inner edge of the inkable, then removed it.
I placed the inner part of the inkable over the leaf shape and used a blending brush to add some Memento Espresso Truffle ink around the edges to create a shadow. 
I put the outer part of the inkable back in place and used a skyline inkable to add a few hills at the bottom of the leaf.
Then I stamped the Elder in the memento ink on to the leaf shape.
I removed the inkable and added a few sequins around it. I also added a few spots of clear stardust gelly roll pen to the elder stamp. I trimmed the card a little and inked the edge with the memento ink before attaching to a 6x6 kraft card. The 3d effect created by using the darker ink to make a shadow really made it pop, I think.
Here are links to the products I used:
6x6" kraft card
Memento Espresso Truffle ink
Beautanicals Elder stamp set from the End of Line section
Gelly Roll stardust pen
Sequins

Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...