Friday, October 21, 2016

Emily DT - Poppy

Hello everyone
Hands up who has seen the gorgeous new Poppy stamp from Bee Crafty! It is limited edition so get yours while you can.

My card this week is using this new stamp and I hope I have done it justice. Here is the card I have made...


I started by heat embossing just the head of the poppy in white on some white card. I then did the same with the Remember sentiment.


I went over the whole thing with Fired Brick distress ink and a blending tool. My new Bee Crafty blending mat makes blending so much easier! I went over the whole card once then went round the edges a second time to get the edges slightly darker.


I splattered some water drops over it and blotted it with kitchen roll, then I went all round the edge with black distress ink.


I mounted it onto white and black card and then onto my card blank. It is an 8x8 card so you can see that the stamp is really quite large and can definitely hold its own as a feature on a large card.

I hope you like it as much as I do. This was one of those cards where I didn't start with a plan, it just evolved.

See you next week

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...