Saturday, May 26, 2018

Jane DT - Nib Notebook

Hello!

For my post on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog today I thought I would share one of my favourite DT samples that I made for the feathers shows with Sam last week...


I used a notebook die to cut the covers and spine for this notebook from mount board, but wanted it to be quite bright and funky.  To help achieve that I used some of the Dylusions paints, applying them with a small brayer and making sure I had dried each layer before adding the next.  The colours used were lemon zest, fresh lime and bubblegum pink...


Next I used some of the same paint and stencilled with the d'inkable regular dots, then added some white gesso through the d'inkable chevrons.  Black archival ink was stamped on in patches using the ledger stamp.  I then used the heraldic alpha set to stamp out the word 'notes' and cut them out with a circle punch.  A touch of pink distress ink was brushed around the edges.  The nibs were stamped and clear embossed before adding a touch of colour and cutting out...


I love adding a dangly charm to the side of my notebooks so used some clear shrink plastic with the quill stamp to create one.  I used staz on black ink, then coloured on the opposite side of the plastic with a bright pink alcohol pen.  I then cut the feather out and made sure to punch my hole (something I often forget!!) before shrinking it down with my heat tool.  I then created my charm using some beads, jump rings and an eye pin which was attached to the elastic that held in the pages...


 Here are links to the products I used...

* Art Stamps - Quill Feather
* Art Stamps - Nibs
* Art Stamps - Ledger
Art Stamps - Heraldic Alpha
* D'inkables - Regular Dots
* D'inkables - Chevrons
* Dylusions Paints
* Archival Inkpads

The shows should still be available on HOCHANDA catch up, so if you didn't get a chance to see Sam's demos there is still time!

Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...