Monday, May 07, 2018

Lorre-Anne DT - Mixed media tag

Hi everyone, well this week I decided to try something different for my weekly Bee Crafty DT post and thought I'd give mixed media a go.  I've always loved seeing mixed media creations and have wanted to have a go for a long time, this is my first attempt...it's not perfect but I really enjoyed creating it and hopefully with practice I'll get much better.  

Materials
What to do
  • I covered the tag in a layer of white gesso, and dried with my heat tool.
  • I then applied a thin layer of the cracking primer on a couple of areas, and again dried using my heat tool until it was still a little tacky.  To these areas I added a layer of cracking paste, thin in some areas and thicker in others, this is what determines whether you get large or small cracks.
  • I dried the cracking paste using my heat tool, then applied some of the grey DecoArt paint over the entire tag, dried using the heat tool, then used a damp baby wipe to wipe it off of the cracked areas.
  • Next I took the feather Dinkable and applied some structure paste through this using a palette knife, and dried this using my heat tool.
  • I spritzed on a little of both Dylusions colours, spritzed this with water then let it run down the tag a bit before drying.
  • I took 3 white roses, painted them with a little gesso and once dry, spritzed them with the Dylusions sprays.  Once dry I rubbed some of the Lustre Luxe around the edges of the roses, and also the edges of the tag.  I added the roses to the tag using 3D glue.
  • I stamped the sentiment using Onyx Black Versafine ink, cut it in to separate pieces and blended some Black Soot Distress ink around the edges.  I also rubbed some Lustre Luxe around the edges and also over the cracked areas on the tag.  The sentiment was also added using 3D glue.
  • I finished by tying some organza ribbon through the top of the tag.


Finished tag


Close up of the roses coloured with Dylusions sprays and Moonstone Lustre Luxe


Close up of the cracks achieved


Another close up of the cracks achieved

I can't wait to get some more mixed media creations made and there are so many fabulous Bee Crafty stencils and stamps to use... I'm going to be a busy lady!  

Hugs, Lorre-Anne x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...