Saturday, October 19, 2019

Jane DT - 'Autumnal Toadstools' Art Journal Spread

Hello!

On the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog today I have done a bit of art journaling!  I was inspired by the recent doodle art stamps that Bev and Sam brought to HOCHANDA and also the seasonal weather...


I used my 6" watercolour journal with extra thick paper as I knew that I was going to use brusho powders for my base layer with lots of water!  I used dark brown, gamboge, yellow, orange and leaf green powders to create an autumnal feel...


To create a bit more of a frame to the spread I added some brown distress crayon around the edges then used one of the sentiment stamps from the Maple Leaf set with sepia archival along the sides...


Next I added some stamping with distress ink (vintage photo, wild honey and walnut stain) using the smaller maple leaf...


Then to create some more defined features I used the Mandala 5 stencil with burnt sienna acrylic paint and added a few extra dots using a gold paint pen and some white paint splatters across both pages...


I wanted to lighten up the spread a little so decided to add the regular dots d'inkable with white paint to areas of the pages...


For my main focal points I stamped images from both the regular and XL Doodle Mushrooms sets onto watercolour card and after cutting them out coloured them in using watercolour paints.  After sticking them down I added some shading with a brown pitt pen around the edges of the images to provide more shadow.  Finally I stamped out the same sentiment used earlier and added some colour to match the rest of the spread...



To create my project I used the following products available from the Bee Crafty website:

* Doodle Art Stamps - Mushrooms (regular)
* Doodle Art Stamps - Mushrooms (XL)
* Beautanicals - Maple Leaf
* Inkables - Mandala 5
* D'Inkables - Regular Dots
* Distress Ink Pads

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...