Saturday, April 11, 2020

Jane DT - Mandala Brusho Card

Hello!

Today on the Bee Crafty blog I am sharing with you a card I made this week.

One of the advantages of having more time at home is it gives me the opportunity to try out some of those techniques I have seen other people do and have never gotten around to trying myself so this week I had a go on the spur of the moment at using my brushos through a stencil...


As this wasn't planned I unfortunately didn't take step by step photos but I will try to explain what I did.

To start with I used the Mandala 1 inkable on a piece of stamping card, I put some clear gel through with a palette knife then sprinkled brusho powders on top (turquoise, leaf green and emerald green).  I let it sink in for a few moments then very carefully removed the stencil (which I then printed onto some extra card a couple of times).  I gave it a gentle spritz of water then allowed it to dry...


Before the gel was totally dry I decided to experiment by sprinkling some gold embossing powder onto areas and heating with my heat tool.  This worked in some places so I added a bit more to create a few small areas of gold.

After this I cut around the flower shape of the main stenciling, then took one of the extra pieces I had printed and cut around the circular part, I inked around both sets of edges using black archival ink then layered them onto the faintest print I had made.

Once these were all adhered together I used a green Pitt Pen by Faber Castell to add some shading...


I wanted a bit more interest along the other edge of the card so used one of the texture border stamps with clear ink and gold embossing powder.

Finally I stamped one of the sentiments from the Everyday Sentiments 1 XL onto black card and embossed in gold before cutting it into a banner shape and applying it to the card using foam tape...


Here are the products I used...

* Inkables - Mandala 1
* Background, Textures & Borders - Texture Borders
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1 (XL)
* Gold Embossing Powder

All Bee Crafty stamps and inkables (including d'inkables etc) currently have a 20% discount, if you would like a browse you can visit the website here... https://www.beecrafty.net/

Thank you for looking, I hope my steps made sense :)

Stay safe and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...