Thursday, April 23, 2020

Karen DT - Why?..Art Journal

Morning everyone xx

I'm over on the Bee Crafty blog today with a spread from my Art Journal. 
I wanted to use my Doodle Art stamps, but had no specific idea in mind, so I just went for it, and this was the end result lol. That's what I love about my Art Journal, the freedom to just create...

Products used:
Doodle Art stamp sets
Big One - Inkable - Chrysanthemum 
Ticker Tape 2 Sentiments 
Sparkle pens from my Crafty stash 



Having gessoed my pages first, I blended Distress Oxides randomly through the Chrysanthemums Big One Inkable. I wasnt careful and I applied different pressures, to create depth and dimension.

I stamped all the Doodle flowers, from all the different sets I had, randomly across the bottom of the pages. 

The Butterfly was then stamped twice, going off the edge of the page, again to add dimension and perspective. 

I used a couple of the small embellishment stamps, from some of the sets, randomly across the spread, including the splatter of dots one, around the flowers. 

I then coloured in using my sparkle pens. I wanted a watercolour effect to this spread, so I coloured in very loosely, leaving white spaces, going over the edges, and blending colours together. I love how this technique gives a completely different look to a more precise, neat colouring technique.  

The Ticker Tape sentiment was stamped on white card, cut out and adhered, to complete my spread.

I hope you liked it, it was a lot of fun to create.
Until next time, 
Crafty hugs xx 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...