Saturday, April 25, 2020

Jane DT - Doodle Flower Book Cover

Hello!

As the weather here at the moment is very spring like I was in the mood for a bright and happy project this week!

I have been watching lots of crafty videos in the past few weeks, and the other day was reminded during one by Dina Wakley of a book you can make using one sheet of paper (there will be videos/tutorials available in various places online if you want further details).  This made me want to create my own, but I didn't want a tiny book so used a sheet of A3 mixed media card.

Once I had folded it into the correct shape I used media tape to seal up some of the sides but left some tops open for tags to fit into and added smaller tags inside to create pockets. 

Then I created my bright and happy cover...


I started by spraying the cover with turquoise gloss spray from Dina Wakley, then with lime green through the Fernando big inkable.  Once this was dry I used the same stencil again but this time with white crackle paste...


Then I stamped out images from some of the doodle art stamps: Regular Sunflower; Regular Butterfly; Regular Bee.  These were cut out and coloured using watercolour pens.  I covered the flowers with glossy accents and added a few gold micro beads whilst the glaze was still tacky...


I left them to thoroughly dry overnight then the next day added them to the cover using glue gel.

Finally I stamped out one of the phrases on the Small Words stamp set and inked around the edges before adding to the cover as well...


Here are links to the products I used:

* Doodle Art Stamps - Sunflower Regular
* Doodle Art Stamps - Butterfly Regular
* Doodle Art Stamps - Bee Regular
* Wordage - Small Words
* Inkables Big Ones - Fernando

I am looking forward to filling up my little book!

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx


1 comment:

Julie-Ann said...

Fabulous, just fabulous...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...