Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Ali CT - Wildflower Blue Moon

 I've been playing with the fab Bee Crafty goodies I bought in the recent sale. I think this card will be snaffled by my mum as she loves these colours 💕

I cut a piece of 300gsm white card 5" x 7 1/4". Sprayed the mask from the Inkables Easy Frame 4" Circle with stencil adhesive and placed it on the card towards the top.
Lightly spritzed the back of the card with water to keep it flat and then the front.
Tapped teal pigment powder over the middle section of the card, a dark blue next to that and then a purple at the top and bottom of the card. I used Pixie Powders but Explosion Powders or any other shimmery paint powders will work brilliantly.
Spritzed more water on the powders to activate them.
I used a damp wide brush to blend the colours over the card, starting with the teal.
I used a paper towel to mop up the excess water on the mask and removed it. 
Some of the colour had seeped under the mask - blast!
I dried the card with a heat gun.
I used a narrower flat brush to blend the colour out of the moon with a little water and dried it again.
A blue moon rather than a white one.
Swiped over the dried card with an anti static pad then used a stamping platform to stamp the wildflowers, positioned the first lot over the moon. 
I stamped in black versafine a couple of times and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
Stamped and embossed a second lot of wildflowers over the right hand side, below the first impression.
I stamped a third time over the left hand side of the card but wiped the ink off one flower which would have overlapped the middle section.
I used a white Posca pen to whiten around the edge of the moon and filled in with a clear sparkle pen.
Then added white highlights to the flowers with a white gel pen.
Went around the edge of the panel with black ink to add a vignette.
Stamped one of the sentiments from the Bee Crafty Everyday Sentiments 2 XL with white pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. 
I fussy cut the "With Love" with scissors.
Glued the panel to white paper leaving a 1/16" border, then onto black card with a 3/16" border and finally on to an A5 white card blank.
Attached the sentiment using foam pads and added a couple of gems to the top corner.

 I hope you have enjoyed this post and thank you for stopping by xxx

Products used

1 comment:

janet said...

I love this card Ali -and I have most of the ingredients too!! Definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for such clear instructions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...