Friday, June 03, 2022

CT Sharon - Memories

 Memories - CT Sharon


We've had some lovely weather here in Scotland this week and it always makes me bring out the bright colours. I think this card fits the bill for bright colours.


To start with I added acrylic paint to my gel press in stripes with a brayer. I then laid my stencil onto the press.


I took a print still keeping the stencil on. Keep this spotty piece you can use it for a later project. 


Keeping the stencil in the same place brayer over a contrasting colour. It will fill all the holes.

                                                       
Still keeping the stencil on stamp over the holes. No ink just the stamp. 


                  Peel off your stencil and then take your print with your chosen card/paper. Here's how mine came out. 


     Next I added some textures with stamps, inks and a white posca pen. I found it easier to apply clear embossing powder over the inked pieces and emboss.


When I was applying my first layer of acrylic paint I ran my brayer over some copy paper to clean it. It's a shame to waste all that paint and it comes in handy as you'll see.


Using that copy paper I stamped and fussy cut out some butterflies. I then used their die cuts to cut the layers in black card. I stamped and white embossed some sentiments from the winter words set and chopped them up to make the sentiment I wanted.


I took a blank white card and added a black card layer slightly smaller. I then added my gel press panel. I adhered  the coloured butterflies onto the black layers but only using glue down the middles. Because the copy paper is so thin it curls up naturally making for some beautiful wing layers. I then added white highlights and a little bit of stickles to the middles. I then added the sentiment and went around them in the white pen. 

Enjoy your Jubilee weekend!

Products used:





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...