Sunday, January 14, 2024

Alison CT - Inkables Texture Tools

Hi everyone, today my blog post is about the Bee Crafty texture tools. Which I have used to create the background on this card.

There are five tools in the sets which can be used in various different ways. My favourite way of using them is with my jelli plate to create backgrounds.
To begin I collected together everything I would need: jelly plate, brayer, texture tools, inkables, stamps, paints (I used Dylusions acrylic and distress oxides), white gesso, and a selection of papers (I usually use mixed media card but most uncoated paper or card will work).

After placing the gelli plate onto my glass mat, I placed a few drops of my chosen paint on to it.

I then used a brayer to spread the paint in a thin layer over the gelli plate. I always have a piece of mixed media paper beside the gelli plate, so that I can clean my brayer between uses.

Next I chose a texture tool and pulled it through the paint, to create a pattern. I repeated this process, with a different tool, and pulled in a different direction.

Next I used a spong to add vanilla custard paint through the Eclipse Trellis Big Ones Inkable. Make sure you put the inkable straight into water so the paint doesn't dry on it.
Next I stamped some of the stamps from the Journal Art Elements 2 stamp set onto the paint using distress oxide inks. Ensure you clean the stamp thoroughly after stamping. Leave this to dry.
Once dry, I used a brayer to spread a thin layer of white gesso over the gelli plate.
Then I placed a piece of mixed media card over the gelli plate and used my hand to smooth it down on to the paint.
After a few seconds I then pulled the card, slowly away from the gelli plate to reveal the print.
When I have the gelli plate out , I can never create just one background, so I continued creating using the tools, and paints I already had out.

After tidying up, i decided to use my first background to create a card. I cut my background down to seven and a half by five and a half inches. The off cuts have been put in my bit box for later use. I used Villainous Potion distress oxide to stamp the slats on to the background.

Next I stamped the ledger and two nibs on to the background.
Then I stamped the tape measure and small circles, to add more detail.
On a seperate piece of card I stamped the largest butterfly, from the XL Birds and Butterflies stamp set, using versafine clair nocturne. I coloured it with a watercolour wash in two shades of orange. I then cut it out.
Next I edged the background piece using a black pen and glued it to an A5 card blank. Finally I added the butterfly and a sentiment.
Products used:
Gelli Plate
Sponges
Dylusions Paint - vanilla custard, crushed grape, postbox red
Distress Oxide - villainous potion, lumberjack plaid 
Versafine Clair - nocturne 
Inkables Big Ones - Eclipse Trellis 
Transparency Prints - Walk Your Own Way 
Art Stamps  - Journal Art Elements 2, Asemic Splats,  Ledger,  Ink and Nibs, Birds and Butterflies XL

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...