Sunday, January 07, 2024

Alison CT - Mandala Bundle January Saver

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing an art journal page created using the Mandala stamp bundle, which is today's January saver. After the step by step guide I have added some photos of other projects I have used them on. 
To begin, I spritzed Distress Resist Spray on to a page in my Dina Wakley blue journal. I also used the pipe in the bottle to draw vertical and horizontal lines.  (Not a good photo, its white on white)

While the resist spray was drying, I stamped out some of the mandalas from sets 1 and 2 using versafine clair nocturne ink. I always stamp more than I will need; those left over will go in my fodder box for later. Once the ink was dry I cut them out.
Now the resist spray is dry, I used a large very wet flat paintbrush to spread blue hawaiian and crushed grape Dylusions paint across the page.  I patted it dry with kitchen towel to remove the paint from the resist spray. Leave the page to dry.

Next I used versafine clair nocturne ink to stamp the dansing daisy and 2 of the triangles from the dancing daisy stamp set. I cut these out and coloured them with watercolour paints. (Sorry forgot to take a photo.)

Next I spritzed a piece of media paper water, then I applied distress collage medium and stuck it across the middle of the page, applying more collage medium over it.
Then I chose the three largest mandalas and used collage medium to glue them diagonally across the page.

Then I cut two of the smaller mandalas in half. These I glued around the edge of the page.

Next I added the daisy and triangles to the page.
Next I added a sentiment,  I used one from the transparency prints speak your truth. I coloured the back of the transparency with white posca pen, to make the wirds stand out more against the page. I used collage medium to glue it to the page.

Products used: 
Doodle Art Stamps - Mandala Bundle, Dancing Daisy
Ranger Distress Resist Spray 
Versafine Clair - nocturne 
Dylusions Paint - crushed grape, blue hawaiian
Transparency Prints - speak your truth


Thank you for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...