Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Sally CT - Let Them Stare journal pages

Hi There! I am sharing with you how I made this journal spread today, but it is a long one so grab yourself a cuppa and take a look!  

I began by stamping just the face and neck of Dream onto stamping tissue using Versafine Clair ink.

I used a wet paint brush to remove the excess tissue and create a feathered edge to the image.
Using drops of dylusions paint in peony blush and desert sand, I mixed a skin tone shade and painted it over the bottom right corner of the page in my dylusions mini journal. 
I used blue lagoon, periwinkle and laidback lilac to add colour to the rest of the page in vertical and horizontal blocks. 
Once this was dry, I dry brushed over most of the page using white gesso, with some heavier and lighter patches.  
I used matte medium to add the stamped face to the skin tone area and left to dry.
Next I used the paints, a white gel pen and a coloured pencil to add some more detail to the face.
I painted a scrap piece of card using all the paints except for Desert Sand and left it to dry. 
Back on the journal page, I used the Squircles Grande Inkable to add some patches of Villainous potion Distress oxide. 
I used the same ink to add some stamping using Journal Art Elements #2.
Now the painted card was dry, I stamped 2 different sizes of flowers from the Dandedaisy set using black versafine clair ink and cut them out. 
I also stamped and cut out the sentiment from Mixed messages 4
I added the sentiment and the flowers (for her hair) to the page using matte medium and added some white highlights with the gel pen. 
A final splatter of white ink and it was finished...
And here's a close up. 
I used:
Dylusions mini journal
Dream Bundle (today's January Saver featuring Dream, Journal Art Elements #2 and handwritten words)
Versafine Clair Nocturne and Twilight
Dylusions paints in Peony Blush, Desert Sand, Blue Lagoon, Laidback Lilac and Periwinkle
White Gesso
White gel pen
Pencil crayons
Inkable Grande - Squircles
Distress oxide inks in Villainous potion, Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed seeing how I did it. 
Don't forget that we have the 3bs challenge (this could be an entry with blueprint sketch oxide ink, blue lagoon dylusions paint, blooms and brush strokes) and the alter Bee Crafty Deck altered playing card challenge over in the Bee Crafty stamps Facebook group. There are also January savers every day this month, to chase away the January blues!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...