Friday, August 07, 2026

Calee CT - Hot Colours




Hi, August already and it has definitely been a hot ,hot summer .So Sallys challenge theme of hot colour is perfect . Have a card for you this week for my step by step ,hopefully giving you some inspiration .


I started by creating a watery smoosh background  using  two inks -  Distress oxide Ripe Persimmon and Distress ink Mustard seed .


After cutting in my background down to fit. 6x6 inc card blank .I added Barn door distress ink to my colour palette and stencilling through Dinkables from set 12 I gave my design another layer . Using  the barn door ink ,the edges of my background were darkened ,drawing the eye into the middle .


Next using some of the smaller worker stamps from the Art Dandedaisy and distress inks Picked Raspberry and Spice Marmalade some stamping details were added.


Taking two Doodle Art stamp sets I stamped out one of the  Rainbow birds and the larger Dandedaisy and coloured them in with a mixture of distress inks and Ecoline watercolour pens in similar hot colours. These were then cut out leaving a small white border.


I assembled my card by adding a fine black border using a ruler and black sharpie pen and a second stitched border in white gel pen . The  Dandedaisy was then glued on and the bird added ,this was slightly raised using some foam tape . Finally I stamped out a sentiment from the wordage Everyday sentiments stamp set using the Barn door ink and finished it with a stitched black border .
 These are not my go to colours , I tend to reach for blues and purples , but that’s why I love the monthly challenges ,they make me think differently .
I hope  you found my steps useful, thank you for taking a look .
Happy crafting 
Calee 
Here is a list of the products I use this week 
                         Barn door
                                    Peacock feathers 
           Doodle art Dandedaisy 
A white card blank , sheet of white card , a black sharpie pen and white gel pen .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...