Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Sally CT - Bee Crafty Palette inspiration

                                  

Hello there! When I saw this week's Bee Crafty Palette I just had to have a play as it is so beautiful! Here's how my journal pages came together. I didn't have distress oxide ink in Evergreen bough so I used Lucky Clover instead as it looks similar. 
 
I began by blending the distress oxide inks across both pages. There were a few marks on the page from the page after this one, but it is amazing how those marks can become a part of the design. 

Next I used the Bakewell inkable to add some of the darker colours to the page. 
I also splattered it with some Picked Raspberry Distress spritz and left it to dry.  
Using the Leaf from Dinkables set 6, I sponged some lucky clover ink to add leaves around the page. 

On a separate piece of card, I stamped two doodle Art Butterflies and coloured them in using coordinating ecoline pens. When these were dry I cut them out.  
using a scrap of black card I stamped the sentiment from the Small Words stamp set in embossing ink and used white embossing powder to heat set it. I cut it out. 
On the background I stamped the butterflies so their antennae didn't need cutting out, then glued the butterflies over the top. I also added the sentiment and a few highlights with gellyroll Moonlight pens.

I used:
Dinkables set 6
Distress Oxide inks - I used lucky Clover, Speckled egg, Fosilized Amber, Saltwater Taffy and Picked Raspberry
Distress Spritz - Picked Raspberry
Ecoline Pens
Black versafine Clair ink
Embossing ink
White embossing powder

It's such a lovely combination of colours  - Hope you get the chance to play too! 

Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...