Monday, September 01, 2014

Poppy Delights

Good Morning Guys, 

Can you believe that it is September already, many of our schools have gone back today, I know I have a few nervous cousins in my family today. Mind I will be joining them with the nerves in a few weeks time when I go to Uni. 

Today I thought I would share with you a card that I made using a poppy stamp and an Inkables mask. 

To start with I stamped my Poppy stamp using a black in pad, I then stamped it on to a post it note, and cut around it to create a "mask" I put the mask over the original stamped image.

I used a Pink distress ink, and inked it through the Inkables mat, I used more colour at the top and faded it to a light shade towards the bottom, being careful to be really light around the masked image.


I removed the stamped mask and very lightly rubbed a bit of ink around the black stamped image just to take the harsh white away, I added a piece of ribbon to the middle of the stamp and tied a fake bow I matted and layered this onto white and distress inked pieces of card - You will notice I do this a lot, I use plain white card stock and then use my distress ink pads to colour to create a mat. I love how then my colours match perfectly especially if I don't have card stock to match.




 To finish the card I added a sentiment from the Wordage range, liquid pearls to the center of the "grid" and card candi to the top and bottom of the base card. 

I hope you like it and don't forget to pop on over to our Facebook page and group and share your creations with us. 

Crafty Hugs 
Kelly
xxx

Items I used
Distress Ink; Card Stock; Ribbon; Card Candi; Liquid Pearls

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...