Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Wake Up

Morning, Today I wanted to share one of the samples I made for the Bee Crafty show on Hochanda. This was from the show when Bev brought us the wonderful Steam Punk Paper pads. The beautiful Feather stamps were also a feature of the show.

For this card I decided to use Kraft card for a different look and feel. I started by stamping one of the feathers letting them overlap, using a mask I had cut from copier paper. The colours I have used here are Shaded Lilac, Pine Needles, Festive Berries, Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.

On another piece of Kraft card I stamped the 'Wake Up' stamp with Gathered Twigs Distress ink. This is a really fun sentiment that suits lots of occasions, I think it's especially good for teenagers.

To create the background I stamped the smaller Swirly Feather using Gathered Twigs Distress ink, allowing some to fall off the page.

I blended around my sentiment, background and main piece with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink to soften the edges.

Next I cut a piece of hessian approximately the same width as the background and frayed the edges quite heavily.

I layered my background onto brown Centura Pearl card and secured the hessian in place using Cosmic Shimmer glue.

Using some of the longer lengths of hessian thread, I wrapped them around my main piece and secured at the back with tape. I then layered this onto the same brown card.

I used another hessian thread to thread through a wooden button to act as an embellishment. Then layered my sentiment onto the same brown card.

To finish the card, I assembled, I secured the main piece to my background using foam tape to raise it, then 3D glue gel to add the sentiment, lastly I added the button, again with 3D glue gel.

I hope you like the finished card today and the step by step I have shared with you. Thank you ever so much for joining me. Take care and happy Crafting.xx 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...