Hi everyone, it's time for my weekly blog spot on Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty showing my latest Bee Crafty DT project. This week I got my Distress Oxides out again - they leave a lovely chalky look to your finished project, but it doesn't rub off on your fingers!
What you will need to make this card -
- 5" x 5" white card blank
- white card
- Inkables heart template
- Love WORDage stamp
- Background stamp - retro dash & dots
- Distress Oxides - Faded Jeans, Fired Brick & Vintage Photo
- Foam pads
What to do -
- Cut 2 squares of white card, one slightly smaller than the card blank, and the other slightly smaller again. Take the larger of the two, and blend Faded Jeans Distress Oxide around the edges, then glue to the card blank.
- Take the other square of white card, and using Faded Jeans Distress Oxide, randomly stamp the retro dash & dots stamps over it. Mat this to the card blank.
- Apply some lines of Distress Oxide to your blending mat (all 3 colours), and spritz liberally with water until you see bubbles appearing and the ink brightening - this is it reacting with the water. Take another square of white card and dab it in to the mixture. Dry with a heat tool, occasionally flicking water droplets, and repeat until you are happy with the finished look.
- When dry, take the heart Inkables and draw lightly round it in pencil. Cut out.
- Ink up the Love WORDage using Faded Jeans Distress Oxide, and stamp in the centre of the heart. Use foam pads to attach to the centre of the card blank.
That's it until next week, as always if you have any comments then please do let me know... I love to hear from you :-)
Hugs, Lorre-Anne x