Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Marleen DT - pocket watch

Hello Blogger friends 
 and welcome to my blog.
  Once again my turn to share a bit of inspiration for BeeCrafty.
For today I had a bit of a play with some of the stamps from the Steampunk collection. Ive used the Pocketwatch and the Gears. I also used the "Time Flies" sentiment.
 This one is made with distress inks. Just pressed the ink pads of my chosen colours down onto my craft mat and sprayed the ink with water. Then simply took a piece of water card stock and smooched it through the ink pools. I dried my card stock and smooched it through the left over ink and dried again.

I used a die to cut the edge of my water colour piece to give it the edge with the stitches. I then lay the background on to the card and drew a faint pencil line following the edge. I removed the background again but on my card I had the pencil line. Icould now see where to stamp my gears on the card to make the border.


Once that was done I stamped the pocket watch on to my background and also stamped a mask on a post it note. I cut the mask out, layed it over my watch and stamped the gears around the clock. That way the watch would be in the front with the gears behind it.


I finished of with my greeting. Im notorious at cutting up my stamps and this sentiment actually have more words on it, but I just cut out the time flies bit and stamped that..
And that is it from me today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...