Saturday, July 07, 2018

Jane DT - Wolf Tag

Hello!

I hope it is lovely where you are at the moment! The weather here is a total contrast to the snowy project I am sharing on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog today...


I wanted to create a really textured background to my tag to give it a snowy, icy feel, but then needed to have the wolf be able to stand out so I decided to use acetate. 

I started the background by preparing the MDF tag with gesso then painted it with crackle paint.  Once this had dried I added blue spray inks then used the d'inkable snowflakes with silver paint.  This was followed by adding silver sparkle paste through the snowflake 2 inkable across the left side of the tag. 

I then cut a piece of heat resistant acetate that would make a dome around the front of the tag then stamped the wolf using clear versamark ink.  This was then heat embossed using silver powder.  At this point the wolf was quite hard to see properly when against the background so I stippled white gesso onto the back of the acetate so that the wolf stood out...


The words and moon from the same set were stamped and heat embossed in silver powder and mounted onto silver card before adding to the tag.  The final touch was to add some ribbon...


The products I used were:

* MDF Tag
* Art Stamps - Scenery Animals Set Wolf
* D'inkable - Snowflakes
* Inkable - Snowflake 2

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...