Saturday, November 10, 2018

Jane DT - Autumnal Art Journaling

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog I am sharing a little bit of art journaling...

 
Often when I start art journaling I am not sure about where the page is going to go, so this time I began by choosing 3 distress oxide ink colours that I liked to create the base (fossilized amber, wild honey and spiced marmalade).  I added the colour a layer at a time by squashing the inkpad onto my mat then spritzing with water before pressing the paper onto it.
 
At this point I thought that the background looked like an autumnal morning so decided to go with that theme using beautanical elements and the same colours...
 
 
Next I picked three of the d'inkables and I have to admit that I went for my usual favourites!  Once the inks had been applied through the stencils I chose Wildflowers 1 and 2 stamps to create some floral interest with the distress oxide inks, then used the large teasel with Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.  I also added a sentiment onto the other side of the page...
 
 
It still felt like something was missing so I used one of the circle texture stamps to fill in some of the gaps.
 
Finally I added some details using a gold and a white uniball pen.
 
The products used were:
 
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...