Friday, November 30, 2018

Emily DT - MDF Journal

Hi everyone,

Due to personal circumstances I have not been able to blog for a little while, but I am back this week with an MDF project I made a few weeks ago. 

I used one of the small MDF journals to create this...


I started by priming each piece of MDF with white gesso then painted each one a pastel colour. I used cheap acrylic paint which is why I primed them first. If I was using Dylusions or similar then I wouldn't bother.


I decorated each page using white paint and some of the Mandala Inkables. I wanted to get a distressed, rustic look so wasn't too concerned about the finish.


Once the paint was dry I stamped each page using the Dandelion, Teasel and Ground Elder Beautancial sets.


On the back of each page I used Bee Crafty Steampunk papers and then used a couple of dinkables to add a bit of interest.


I do not usually do much MDF so this was a bit of a stretch for me, however I am pleased with how it turned out.

I really like these little journals as they can be added to over time.

I will see you next week with another project!

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...