Saturday, July 27, 2019

Jane DT - 'A Flurry of Snow' MDF Tag

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a mixed media MDF tag that I have made using a set of the new doodle art Yuletide stamps...


I started with one of the Victorian Medium MDF tags, which I painted using antique white acrylic then added stencilling through the snowflakes d'inkable using blue chalky acrylic paint...


Next I used one of the snowflake doodle art stamps to add text along one side of the tag with light blue archival ink.  This was very easy to line up and I added it at different distances to create an uneven edge...


Then I used two of the smaller snowflake stamps with some darker blues in archival ink.  I wasn't worried if the stamping wasn't always accurate as this was still forming a part of the background layers...


After this I wanted to add one of the larger snowflakes to become more of a foreground element.  I stamped it directly onto the tag in an even darker blue archival ink, then used my pitt pens (which are a permanent india ink so can colour over the acrylic paint) along with little touches of posca paint pens...


I had left a space on the right side of the tag as I knew that this was where I wanted my main focal image to be.  Using the snowflake 2 inkable I added clear modelling paste, then whilst this was still wet covered it with a glitter embossing powder in teal.  This was then heated to melt the powder and although there was also some bubbling of the paste I liked how this helped to increase the dimension...


To finish my main element I stamped a different one of the larger snowflakes onto card and cut it out.  This was then also coloured using pitt pens before I stamped out my sentiment.  I cut this out by hand and added some ink to the edges and also some pen to match the colours of the tag...


Finally I added some white thread under the snowflake before sticking it to the tag and adhered the sentiment all with glue gel to help create dimension.  I felt a little more sparkle was required so added a gem to the centre of the snowflake and some smaller gems to the tag...



Here are the products that I used:

* MDF - Victorian Medium Tag
* Yuletide Stamps - Doodle Art Snowflake Regular
* D'inkable - Snowflakes
* Inkable - Snowflake 2
* Archival Inkpads

There is currently a giveaway running over on the Bee Crafty Instagram page where you could win the collection of regular Yuletide Doodle Art stamps including the snowflake set I have used for this project.  To link to the giveaway click on the link below..

.https://www.instagram.com/p/B0YWw0hAlYa/

The giveaway closes on Monday 29th July so make sure you get there soon!

Good luck if you enter and happy crafting!

Jane xx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...