Saturday, February 15, 2020

Jane DT - Inkwell ATC's

Hello!

Today on the Bee Crafty blog I have a couple of ATC's to share with you. 

ATC's are Artist Trading Cards (measuring 2 1/2" x 3 1/2")  which were originally designed to trade with other people as little pieces of artwork that could also be a sort of business card.  There are still groups that trade cards and I have taken part in a few swaps however mostly mine are kept in a specially decorated box as little art works and sometimes I use them as toppers on other cards...


A while ago I bought some metallic watercolours and this year I really want to use the mediums that I have and in particular be able to create some soft and floaty watercolour backgrounds, so this was me practising!!  I used a selection of shades of gold along with a couple of greens...


As the colours were quite vintage I decided to stick with that theme and used two different sized cogs with archival ink...


Another product I am determined to use more this year are my gilding flakes, but I chose to use a stencil with them.  I used flitterglu through the circle lattice d'inkable and then added a mixture of different colours of gilding flake once the glue had gone tacky...


After sponging archival ink around the card edges I stamped my focal images onto separate card stock.  These were the inkwell and the smallest feather from the feathers set to become a quill.  I chose two sentiments from the small words set as these are an ideal size for ATC's. 
Once these had been cut out, coloured and added I wanted a little more detail in the background so stamped on little touches of the script stamp...



Here are the products that were used:

* Art Stamps - Inkwell & Nibs
* Art Stamps - Assorted Small Feathers
* Art Stamps - Cogs Set
* Background, Textures & Borders - Script
* D'Inkables - Circle Lattice
* Archival Ink Pads

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

JenniC said...

Thanks for showing this. I love the blend of colours in the background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...